Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just another weekend

This weekend got off to a great start Friday night at the cub scout Blue & Gold banquet. CP won a medal for his pinewood derby dar: "Best Non-Car." He was up against a cell phone, a block of cheese, a wii remote, as well as several other non-cars. Of course, GP was bummed that his P-40 did not win.

Saturday CP & I built a big 1/48 scale B-17. GP built his own 1/72 Harrier and adamantly refused any help. He's very proud of building his own plane.

Saturday was beautiful and in the 40's. I tried to fix our garage door opener; it has an intermittent fault that makes opening the door a challenge at times. It looks like it may be a faulty circuit board relay that will have to wait for another day.

Last week our tax refund arrived, and JP let me run over to Guitar Center to get my birthday present. I spent 2 hours there trying different guitars and still could not decide. I had my heart set on a metal shredding machine straight out of 1984, but all that I tried did not live up to my expectations. None of them were significantly better than my $100 used Ibanez. I went back the next night without the need for a whammy bar and brought home a beautiful Schecter Hellraiser Tempest. All I need now is some talent.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

SCBrain said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNhGOy8HdcY