Sunday, April 05, 2009

Texas Party

We had a party for our neighbors that are moving to Texas. Everyone brought a dish and we dined on pulled pork, baked beans, biscuits & gravy, and too many sweet things.


Last weekend I spent 56 hours at a scout training camp and this week was hell on earth at work. Both spilled over onto Saturday, so I was glad to cut loose with our Texas party. I searched all over Lincoln & Beatrice for some cowboy clothes. During my quest, I found a huge gold-plated "Puerto Rico" redneck belt buckle for JO'N. I, too, wanted to get a big shiny rodeo buckle, but when I saw a 1977 Kansas "Point of Know Return" buckle, I knew it had found me. I found a pearl-snap shirt, a belt for the buckle, and a pair of cowboy boots, all for under $20. Instead of searching, JP just made herself an outfit on the sewing machine.


We will greatly miss our neighbors when they go to Texas.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: