Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wood Badge C-52-09


This weekend I completed the second weekend of my Wood Badge scout leadership program. I did the first 3-day weekend three weeks ago, and this 3-day weekend finished it off. We had rain, wind, and blistering sunshine (I actually got sunburned). We hung tarps on the shelter to give us some relief from the endless wind.

I was in the Bobwhite patrol with four other scout leaders. We had the coolest campsite of all the patrols: matching tents all lined up and a fancy entryway gate. I spent last week working on our gate sign, which I lasered out of 16 gage steel.

I am glad to have the training portion of Wood Badge behind me. Now all I have to do is to "work my ticket" and complete the five major projects I volunteered for within the next 18 months.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: