Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Coolest XMas Ornament


On Wednesdays at work, I co-host our microcontroller club at lunch. One of the engineers had some experience in microcontrollers and offered to teach us all how to use them. I thought I had found heaven with PLC's, but microcontrollers are king. They are little plastic chips that are basically an entire computer, complete with a processor, memory, I/O, serial communications, etc. All on a chip that costs $2. Today we built a scrolling marquee. Instead of a big banner, this one only has one column. In order to see the message, you have to move the marquee, as shown above (1 second exposure). My next challenge is to hang it on the christmas tree and then spin the tree so that you can read the message. I will have to wait until JP is not here for this one...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His life seems good compared to many Brazilian families do not know if this presnte God in his life more you know seems to be very abensoado