Sunday, October 21, 2018

Car vs. Maple: Maple is Victorious


I was napping on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon when I was thrown awake; I thought S had jumped on my chest. I got up and went to the garage to throw out some recycling and then I noticed a bunch of people standing across the street with a car that wasn't where a car should be.

A girl rounded the corner and was going too fast or not paying attention and failed to stay on the road. Judging from where she left the road and how high up on the tree she hit and how far the broken pieces of her car went, she was probably going 40 mph. She was wearing her seatbelt and her airbag went off, so she was OK (lucky, too!). What I thought was the dog jumping on me was really a tremendous crash.

Since we've been here, this is the third car vs tree accident on this corner in addition to as many car vs. mailboxes plus our lamppost. 

No comments: