Saturday, September 05, 2009

Pizza Party!

Today was the Husker's first game of the season. We ordered the game on PPV and invited the neighbors over for a pizza-making party. Everyone brought some fixin's, and we made six large pizzas from scratch.

The pizzas were out of this world, and the game was OK as well. We beat Florida Atlantic 49-3 (I lived in Florida for more than a few years, and I still don't know where the school is located). I missed having GT there to explain all the intricacies of the rules to me.

After pigging out on pizza & beer all night, we retired to the garage to play on the newly completed Pole Position game. In addition to Pole Position, It currently has 92 other arcade games. JON's favorite was "Tapper" by Budweiser. Even though I don't have a real control panel, it was like stepping into a time machine that went back 28 years. We found games that we had forgotten, despite spending tons of quarters on them.


I should be able to hook up the steering wheel, gas pedal, and coin slot tomorrow.

[Technical Note: If you need hints on setting up AdvanceMAME (advMenu, advCAB, advETC...) or a DOS-based MAME cab with an arcade monitor, sent me a note. I spent a week on it and am putting together my own notes on what to do.]

Posted by Picasa

No comments: