Sunday, September 07, 2008

Husker Football

I spent last week in Kohler, Wisconsin, at the Kohler factory. What a beautiful town! It's right out of a story book. Of course, I forgot my camera. I had lunch at each of the Kohler resort golf courses, as well as tasty beers at the Kohler pub, The Horse & Plow.

Friday night, my neighbor called and asked it I wanted to go to Saturday's game. How could I pass that up? We hooked up with GT, our Budweiser neighbor, and he got us into the Champion's Club for some primo tailgating. After the half, he gave us his club level tickets and we watched the game in style.

The picture above was on the front page of our paper this morning. It was detailed enough that I was able pick out my neighbor and me (circled) in the stands as we cheered on a kickoff-return-touchdown against San Jose State.

After the Husker game, I spent the afternoon at my neighbor's house watching the Penn State game and playing his newly completed skee-ball game. He has a PC running the game and he did all the programming himself, which is fun, because he can create crazy scoring routines and sound effects for the games.

I took some pictures of GP before I went to Kohler, as I was sure that he would be sans a front tooth when I returned. He still has his tooth - I don't know what is holding it in place.


Today I worked on the MAME cabinet. It's assembled now. I need to do some more carving with the belt sander on the control panel to make it fit better. I can't wait to plug it in.

Last night our neighbor had a movie party for the kids. The adults played Galaga on his MAME machine. I really need to practice.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: