Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday - No Wind deck construction

Today was picture perfect - 75, sunny, and NO WIND. I had a Dr. appointment (A1C=6.3%!!), so I got to take off from work early. My doctor moved his office from the far north side to the far south side of Lincoln. I was home from my 3:00 appointment by 3:15. I loaded up my wheelborrow tool caddy, grabbed a cold pop, and headed out back for a beautiful day of deck work. JP left to pick up the boys and I immediately locked myself out of the house. I was missing my radio and shovel, but was able to find enough to do to keep myself busy for an hour.

Tonight I finished digging out the footer and was able to lay half of the concrete blocks for the stair risers despite being accosted by Gary the beer guy and my other neighbor that has a keg of cold Sun-Dog summer wheat ale on tap in his basement.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: