Sunday, September 22, 2019

Music Room Cleanout


My basement music room reached critical mass with too much stuff. Time to clean it out and trade it in. I've picked up cheap semi-functioning amps and got them back to being serviceable. It's fun, and I've learned quite about about amp repair, which will make me more confident if/when I need to dig into an $800 amp. The beauty of music gear is that the stores will actually buy it back. For cash! 

Gear that's going away: 2009 Fender MIM Stratocaster, Peavey TNT 130 SS bass amp (Awesome, but it smells funny), Crate GT-80 hybrid (tube pre-amp) guitar amp, 12" oak speaker cabinet, Crate G10 amp, a homebrew 2x10" sub, and my friend's friend's sweet 1974 Peavey 4x10 hybrid (tube power amp) guitar amp. I will miss them all, but I don't have enough time to play them all and my room is too full.

Also destined to go are the arcade games in the background. If you want one, let me know!

No comments: