Sunday, March 17, 2019

Amp Repair and the Couch Guitar


While shopping for speakers for GP for his gig, I ran across a cool guitar that called out my name. It's a smaller-bodied acoustic with cat inlays. When we got back, I scrounged up whatever unused gear I could find and traded in the old cheapo acoustic for the one with the cats. The new guitar has found a home in the living room where it has become the couch guitar.


One of the pieces of gear I traded was an old 1974 Peavey bass amp that I had repaired. As soon as I lost it, a friend at work asked me to look at his 1974 Peavey guitar amp. It's got power tubes that run at 500 volts DC. Yikes!!! It took a day to clean it up and resolder all the components and now it sounds pretty sweet.

With all the snow gone, it's time to sit & strum on the deck.

No comments: