Wednesday, December 08, 2010

In Production

The other day at work, I received a big box full of these circuit boards. It made my day! This is the first circuit board that I designed from scratch that has made it into production. I'm not an electrical engineer, nor do I play one on TV, but it is fun to dabble in.

What is it, you ask? It's a multi-purpose tachometer signal conditioner. It accepts pulses from a wire wrapped around a spark plug wire, a normal NPN switch, or a switch contact closure and converts the pulses to solid 5-volt pulses that can be used by other instruments. It also converts the pulses to a proportional voltage signal, and it has an alarm output that can be used to turn on/off whatever you need if the speed falls below a setpoint. It runs off of 9 to 30 volts AC or DC and cannot be hooked up backwards.

I love my job!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: