Sunday, October 04, 2009

Birthday Fun

This week Nana & Daisy came to celebrate the boys' birthdays. We had cake and ate it, too. Mmmmm - I normally don't care for cake, but HyVee does a nice job at making them more than edible.
JP & her mom spent a couple days painting the laundry room. It was the last room in the house to be painted. It looks great. I take for granted that I will have food in the fridge and clean clothes in the closet. With the laundry room out of service for two days, the clothes started piling up. JP spent today running the washer and filled her laundry basket waist-high. Wow - I guess the clothes don't magically clean themselves after all.





The boys pooled their birthday loot and bought an XBox 360. I have been wanting one for a while, but it wasn't very high on my list. Now that we have one, I'm kicking myself that we didn't get one when they came out. The games are unbelievable! CP has done nothing but smoke me in every game we play. I think I'll go back to my 1981 arcade games...



I finished up DigDug today. I got the monitor mounted securely and finished up securing everything so that it could survive a trip somewhere.

Today was absolutely beautiful. We were in the 30's overnight, but I worked up a sweat cutting the grass this afternoon. We mapped out the sprinklers and dog fence so that the aerator guy can poke holes in the turf tomorrw. All day Friday it was cold and blew 30+ mph ALL DAY. Days like that really make one appreciate days like today.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: