Sunday, May 03, 2009

Back in the Saddle

After the Mayor's Run on Saturday, we got back to work on the deck. Last weekend, I sanded and painted three boards and then it started raining. It rained, fogged, and misted all week long. The stain I had applied only partially sunk in, so I had to sand the boards again. I sanded all day and JP was able to finish up the stain. We had a gorgeous day with enough sun to toast my back.


On Sunday, JP was in the mood to do more outside work. We set out on a quest for some flower pots for the front porch. We didn't find any, but we found a beautiful weeping spruce at Campbell's for Mother's Day (and Father's Day, too). It doesn't look like much here (by the corner of the house), but it's taller than me.


After digging in the dirt for a while, we got the deck reassembled and officially opened it for the season with our neighbors.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: