Sunday, December 07, 2008

Quiet Day

Today was a quiet day inside. It was cold (but sunny) out, and we are all still recovering from the long Thanksgiving weekend. This morning we cleaned up the basement. I took 5 huge cardboard boxes to the recycling center - their usefulness had been used up after being cars, planes, bunkers, etc. This afternoon, JP had the boys assemble their foam gingerbread house.

We put up all the Christmas stuff this past week. The house looks great. All we need is some real snow and it will really feel like Christmas. We had snow last week, but it only stayed around long enough to make driving hazardous in the morning.

Today I worked on the Tempest cabinet all day. I ended up giving everything a second coat, due to the translucent paint. I still need to install the glass properly, but all in all, it is looking pretty good. One of the guys at work gave me a non-functioning 60W receiver that is now functioning and pumping out the sounds of Tempest. Next step: upgrade the speakers and add a bigger hard drive so that it will function as a jukebox.

With the Tempest machine installed, my man-cave is nearing completion. I need to find a beer fridge...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: