Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Camp Cornhusker Webelos I

CP & I spent the last 4 days at Webelos I Camp at Camp Cornhusker south of Humbolt, NE. We both had a blast. Before we went, I was apprehensive: I need to be at work, I have to drive the minivan, I have to carpool with the lady from down the street, can I survive 4 days alone with CP?, it's going to be hot, I'm going to get chiggers & ticks, etc.


Today we returned, and I am glad to say that all of my fears were ridiculous and were not worth the time I spent worrying about them. The camp has been in existence since the dawn of time and is used to catering to scouts and their dads. We swam, shot bb guns (CP shot a 50/50) & arrows (2/5 arrows hit the paper), learned about trees, rocks, conservation, knots, 1st aid, row boats, and most of all - about each other.


Next week, I am scheduled to take GP to "Fun with Son," a 1-night intro to scouts campout at Camp Cornhusker. I am psyched. It's like Camp Lazlo, but even better.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: