Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back from the Dead


We have not posted anything new lately - the hard drive on JP's laptop committed hari-kari and refuses to succumb to my amazing powers of resurrection. We lost all our family photos from October 2007 forward. Note to self: "Time to start a periodic backup program." Fortunately, I uploaded most of our Utah vacation photos to our web album, so all is not lost. I bought a backup drive a couple years ago, but it's full of junk and needs backing up itself.


Besides trying to rescue files from a dead hard drive, this past week I put in some CAD time and completed our deck plans. I haven't done any CAD work in quite a while, and I've never done anything architectural. I'm used to working with fairly detailed manufacturing drawings and my deck plans reflect that. When JP took them downtown for approval the guy laughed at them because they are somewhat oerkill for a deck project.


The drawings turned out to be OK and we got our building permit. Today we go to Menard's to start the real work. Step one will be to buy a hammer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: