Sunday, March 09, 2008

Paper V-2


This weekend we worked on GP's balsa Hawker Hurricane and finished up the paper V-2 that has been sitting around for months. One of the cool things from the 'net is the availability of card models. Just download and print and you now have several pages of small parts to cutout and glue together to make something big. Most of the V-2 was OK, but last night I worked for an hour assembling one of four steering vane assemblies (1/2" x 3/8" made of several pieces of paper). This morning I found it smashed, so I decided that the other three were not worth the effort. I found plans for a 36" paper model of the USS Arizona. It looks like it would require more work than I am willing to spend. Besides, within a month we will be starting on our deck, and then a MAME cabinet, and who knows what else. We have so much planned for summer already, I almost feel like it's over before it has started.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: