Sunday, November 05, 2006

Bear Lake

Today was spectacular - total sunshine and NO WIND. We had a heavy frost, but by 9:30 am it was warm enough to go in short sleeves. I stopped by Bear Lake which is a Nebraska public land site where I go fishing on the way home. Nebraska is blessed with lots of open public lands. Not as much as Arizona or Utah, but a bit more than Illinois. Anyway, I was able to shoot a few frames with my new camera in the daylight. What fun! I tried my luck with the fly rod, but I think the fish were too busy enjoying the nice weather. There were some guys there from Kentucky that had come here to shoot deer. One took a nice doe with his bow. The crows were really noisy - either someone in a tree stand, or an owl. Seems like the crows are always noisy at this place.
 
 
  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mabrain said...

Beautiful pictures, Trev. Thanks for sharing a bit of Nebraska and the fall with us.